Greville Almshouses Vacancy




In the Parish of EASTRY in the County of KENT


Notice is given that a vacancy exists for a two bedroomed bungalow.

Persons of good character of not less than 50 years of age who have resided in the Parish of Eastry for not less than five years (or, former long-term residents of Eastry) are eligible for appointment.

(A couple may be appointed).

Application forms are available from the secretary to the Trustees, or can be downloaded here from the Eastry Parish Council Web-site must be returned to:

Secretary to the Trustees: Mrs. S Wells

3 Gore Terrace

Gore Road, Eastry

Sandwich CT13 0LS

01304 614320

on or before THURSDAY 15th February 2018

 (1) Residents are required to contribute a weekly sum towards the cost of maintaining the almshouses.

(2) Canvassing of the Trustees or Officers is strictly forbidden.

Failure to comply with this requirement will preclude an applicant from selection.

Avian Influenza Alert

Kent has earned a hard-won reputation for tough and effective biosecurity to protect plant, animal and human health.

Avian influenza (or bird flu) has recently been confirmed in wild birds in Dorset and Warwickshire, with an ‘avian influenza prevention zone’ now declared covering England.

It is vital that we all remain vigilant and report any wild birds found dead without obvious cause (especially wildfowl such as swans, geese and ducks) to the Defra helpline on 03459 33 55 77.

Any unexplained deaths amongst captive birds, such as poultry or gamebirds, should also be reported to the Animal and Plant Health Agency on 03000 20 03 01.

For further information please contact Tony Harwood

See the article on the EPC website:

Power Cut Advice



Anyone experiencing a power cut should:

  • Call 105 to report power cuts and damage to the electricity network, or 0800 3163 105 (from a corded phone or mobile phone if you have no power)
  • Visit for the latest updates
  • Visit and type in their postcode to view our live power cut map
  • Tweet @ukpowernetworks to report a power cuts or to receive updates

People are advised to stay clear of power lines and report damaged power lines immediately by calling 105 free from either a landline or a mobile phone. If they see electricity lines that are down or causing significant risk to the public they should call 999.

UK Power Networks provide extra help to customers on their Priority Service Register during a power cut.  Households with older or disabled people, those with children under five, or where someone uses medical or mobility equipment that requires electricity as well as other reasons can join the register.  You can find out more information about the UK Power Networks’ Priority Service on their website: